Crystal Palace v Manchester United – travelling
The Palace v Manchester Utd match kicks off at 5.30pm on Saturday 22 February 2014. The match is expected to attract a large crowd and the Holmesdale Fanatics are arranging a special display which will require supporters to be in the ground and in their seats for the start of the match.
However, it is important that supporters are aware of the probable difficulties on the day.
- Saturday is a busy shopping day in Croydon and the match is at the time people will be returning home from the shopping centre which is likely to cause congestion/overcrowding;
- Recent flooding has caused road closures in some areas eg A22 Purley/Kenley road;
- Manchester Utd supporters travel to matches in a range of coaches and mini-buses, as well as by car – this is likely to contribute to slowing the traffic/congestion.
- Even if special provision for parking is made on the day, spaces may be difficult to find.
- Thornton Health and Selhurst Railway stations will not be open due to engineering works. Norwood Junction station will be open and Manchester Utd supporters travelling by train are expected to travel to and from the station.
- There may be increased searches made for the match so slowing entry to the stadium.
- Access for supporters entering the Whitehorse Lane Stand will be through Entrance E7 next to the Glaziers – it will be for this match only.
Crystal Palace FC have asked that supporters get to the ground in good time to ensure they are in the stadium for kick-off. All supporters that wish to see and be part of the Holmesdale Fanatics opening to the match will also wish to ensure they are there too – so please think about the journey.
The turnstiles will be open from 4pm and the Crystal Palace bars will be open from 3pm, and Crystals from 2.30pm. The club website provides information about the travel and stadium entry at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/saturday-travel-bars-and-turnstiles-1370146.aspx